Throughout the year the Nawaal Fund provides (general sadaqah and lillah based) assistance to a number of local charities, vulnerable groups and individuals. Alhumdulillah most of us are blessed with good health, wealth and loving/caring families and friends. However there are a number of individuals and families who aren’t as fortunate right here on our local doorstep. In addressing this need, Nawaal Fund not only provides assistance in the form of donating funds/grants, food, clothing, and other items but also has active volunteers who contribute their time regularly at a number of local charities.
FOOD BANK ALTERNATIVE: In lieu of not being able to organise a foodbank the Nawaal Fund also provides a number of local charities and organisations (such as the British Red Cross in Dalston, Hackney and Haringey Migrant Centres, Hackney Winter Night Shelter, GroundWorks and NLMCC) a regular supply of supermarket gift cards /vouchers which can be used by local families and individuals in need to purchase food and other basic supplies from local supermarkets.
SCHOOL UNIFORM GRANTS (for NRPF): The Fund is also now able to provide small grants to families with no recourse to public funds (NRPF) to assist with purchases of school uniform. For details of the grant and how to apply CLICK HERE
COVID-19 SMALL GRANTS: Our Covid-19 hardship grants are available following referrals from established local charities and community organisations/groups we already have a relationship with. Small grants of up to £60, £90, £140 and £200 are available for individuals and families of any background to help assist with basic needs such as food, essential hygiene etc, some eligible applicants may also be assessed for larger zakat awards which are processed separately. For further information including how to apply please contact us at email@example.com. We are also seeking donations from members of the public: CLICK HERE
Below is a brief list of beneficiary organisations who have received our support, as well as some photos of assistance the local community, via the Nawaal Fund, has given over the past years …… and continue to do so.
- Heat or Eat Foodbank (Watham Forest) www.eatorheat.org
- St Josephs Hospice (Hackney) www.stjh.org.uk
- Hackney Pirates www.hackneypirates.org
- Rainbow Trust (Hackney) www.rainbowtrust.org.uk
- Rukhsana Khan Foundation Foodbank (Watham Forest) www.rukhsanakhanfoundation.org
- Refuge Women’s Shelter (Hackney) www.refuge.org.uk
- Hestia Women’s Shelter (Hackney) www.hestia.org
- British Red Cross and Red Crescent Destitute Resource Centre (Hackney) www.redcross.org.uk
- Hackney Migrant Centre (Hackney) www.hackneymigrantcentre.org.uk
- Rhythms of Life (Hackney) www.rhythmsoflife.org.uk
- The Salvation Army (Hackney) www.salvationarmy.org.uk
- Newway Homeless Night Shelter (Newham) www.newwayproject.org
- The Renewal Programme for refugees (Newham) www.renewalprogramme.org.uk
- Spitalfields Crypt Trust for the homeless (Hackney) www.sct.org.uk
- Caritas Anchor House for the homeless (Newham) www.caritasanchorhouse.org.uk
- Hackney Winter Night Shelter for the homeless (Hackney) www.hwns.org.uk
- Ashiana Women’s Shelter (Waltham Forest) www.ashiana.org.uk