Throughout the year the Nawaal Fund provides (general sadaqah and lillah based) assistance to a number of local charities, vulnerable groups and individuals. Alhumdulillah most of us are blessed with good health, wealth and family and friends to provide support in challenging times. However there are a number of individuals and families who aren’t as fortunate right here on our local doorstep. In addressing this need, Nawaal Fund not only provides assistance in the form of donating funds/grants, food, clothing, and other items but also has active volunteers who contribute their time regularly at a number of local charities.
SUPERMARKET VOUCHERS: In lieu of not being able to organise a foodbank the Nawaal Fund also provides a number of local charities and organisations (such as the British Red Cross in Dalston, Hackney , Haringey and Newham Migrant Centres, Hackney Winter Night Shelter, NLMCC, E5 Babybank) a regular supply of supermarket gift cards /vouchers which can be used by local families and individuals in need to purchase food and other basic supplies from local supermarkets.
SCHOOL UNIFORM GRANTS (for NRPF): The Fund is also now able to provide small grants to families with no recourse to public funds (NRPF) to assist with purchases of school uniform. For details of the grant and how to apply CLICK HERE. Guidance notes for listed referral organisations CLICK HERE.
COVID-19 SMALL GRANTS: Our Covid-19 hardship grants are available following referrals from established local charities and community organisations/groups we already have a relationship with. Small grants of up to £60, £90, £140 and £200 are available for individuals and families of any background to help assist with basic needs such as food, essential hygiene etc, some eligible applicants may also be assessed for larger zakat awards which are processed separately. For further information including how to apply please contact us at email@example.com. We are also seeking donations from members of the public: CLICK HERE
NOTE: Anyone applying for any of the grants listed above who are also of a Muslim faith background we would strongly suggest considering applying for our larger zakah based grants: www.nawaal.org/apply
ANNUAL QURBANI EIDUL ADHA: The Fund also annually carries out qurbani locally with the fresh meat distributed to local families struggling with the basics of day to day living. For further details CLICK HERE
Below is a brief list of beneficiary organisations who have received our support over the past years …… and continue to do so.
- Heat or Eat Foodbank (Waltham Forest)
- St Josephs Hospice (Hackney)
- Hackney Pirates (Hackney)
- Rainbow Trust (Hackney)
- Rukhsana Khan Foundation Foodbank (Watham Forest)
- Refuge Women’s Shelter (Hackney)
- Hestia Women’s Shelter (Hackney)
- British Red Cross (Hackney)
- Hackney Migrant Centre (Hackney)
- Haringey Migrant Support Centre (Haringey)
- Rhythms of Life (Hackney)
- The Salvation Army (Hackney)
- Old School Rooms | Round Chapel (Hackney)
- E5 Baby Bank (Hackney)
- Newway Homeless Night Shelter (Newham)
- The Renewal Programme for refugees (Newham)
- Spitalfields Crypt Trust (Hackney)
- Caritas Anchor House for the homeless (Newham)
- Hackney Winter Night Shelter (Hackney)
- Ashiana Women’s Shelter (Waltham Forest)